Monday, February 22, 2010

'Friday Night'

For most people, Mondays are the most dreadful day of the week. However, this is our Friday! It doesn't happen often, but both Jimmy and I happen to have the day off tomorrow. From November through April or May, Jimmy has to work 6 days a week, with Tuesdays off. I, fortunately, get 2 days off a week, but with the events at the club I don't get lucky enough to take Tuesday's off. Tomorrow, not only do we have the day off, but we are playing golf together. I would say that we play golf together a handful times per year, which suprises many people considering we're both golf pro's.

Anyhow, Tux and I finished up our walk around 5 and I couldn't help but notice the palm trees. My favorite time of day has always been the evenings right before the sun goes down, whether it's in Indiana or California. Here in Cali, right before the sun goes down over the mountains it will hit the palm trees just right and make them 'shimmer' and I just find it entrancing (not sure if that's a word). The same feeling as if looking into a bonfire...you kind of get lost in your thoughts.


So, tonight, we look forward to pizza night, not having to set our alarm in the morning and spending the day together tomorrow playing golf and who knows what else. Here is to Fridays!



If I have time, I like to make our own pizza, but tonight was just one of those nights that neither one of us felt like lifting a finger for dinner.



Love ya'll!




3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure palm trees shimmer. From what I saw, they just dripped rain. :) Just love your blog, love hearing you talk about life, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it, I'm actually having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree! i love your blog! and i love you! the only bad thing about your blog is that it makes me miss you even more!

    ReplyDelete