Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's been a while....

My last post was after our Hawaii trip...a lot has been going on since then it seems, so let me see if I can briefly get caught up and vow to post more often!

Ok....the biggest news first, we found out that I was pregnant a day before we left for Hawaii!! We were cautious in spreading the news initially, but I'm now 27 weeks along and everything seems to be going along great!

The ultrasound picture above is from our 18 week ultrasound where we found out that we are having a boy, due date is April 15th!

After getting back from Hawaii, we anxiously awaited mom and dad to drive out and visit us in September and bring Tuxedo back from his 'summer camp'. In the mean time I talked Jimmy into the fact that Tux needs a friend, so we decided to get a puppy. Many think I'm crazy considering we had recently found out we were going to have a baby...what can I say?
Long story short...we found Bo, the boston terrier!


He's a funny little dog who makes us laugh and Tux seems to like him more and more as he gets older and grows out of his puppy phases.

In late October, Jimmy and I drove to Vegas for the weekend to meet my sister and her husband. We had a great time!! The most memorable part of the weekend was probably going into the Minus 5 bar, it was made completely of ice, even the glasses that they served drinks in!


Vegas is crazy and I'll be excited to go back when I'm not pregnant!

Let's see....Thanksgiving seemed to fly by withought much happening. Jimmy and I staid at home for the first time and enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with just the 2 of us. I stood in line for about 45 minutes at the Honey Baked Ham store and got a 9 lb. ham for 2 people because that was all they had left. I cooked up some side dishes and we had a great dinner!

We were home for Christmas, as I was planning a trip home to Indiana for New Year's. Christmas was great, we enjoyed a relaxing day of baking and opening presents from our families and eachother.

The week after Christmas, I left on a Thursday to fly back to Indy to visit the family and have a baby shower that my mom and sister had for me! It was a very memorable and relaxing time...well, relaxing is a relative term, but atleast I wasn't working!




Thanks to Shell for the adorable duck cake!!

Kylie, me and Shannon.

Me and Grandma Anglea with one of the awesome baby blankets that she made 15 years ago in anticipation for this moment!


Thanks Amy and Melissa for taking pictures of me! Too bad it felt like we were in the arctic!

Well, I believe those are all the updates that I have right now, I look forward to posting more over the next few months as we get ready for our new addition!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back!! I'm gonna update our blog in the next coupla days too. we've been so busy with silly stuff at home. Anyway...loved the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crystal! love all the pictures. you look so beautiful :) the pics your cousins took turned out really good! also, i love the picture of you and jimmy with the dogs! such a cute little family! can't wait to see the first family photo with your new little guy in it too :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete